Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Link In

As I upload my blog posts into Blogger each month, I take great care to add links inside the text that I think might enhance either the reading experience or provide better context and understanding to what you just read.  However, is this really something any of you pay attention to?

It takes time to find and add these links.  In all honesty, most of these links are selfish on my part – they may link to a related blog post I’ve made in the past, or they may link to my novels on Amazon.  However, I sometimes link to articles or author websites.  Still, do any of you click on these links?

I ask because I’m wondering if the links I add are worth it.  This sounds like whining, but they take time that I’m not sure is well spent.  It has given me pause, and I’d really like to know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment