Thursday, November 25, 2021

Is Seeking Copyright Worth It?

I got a copyright for Akeldama.  I sought no copyrights for anything else I wrote.  I’ve found myself wondering which direction is the best course.

From my understanding, your work is protected he moment you write it.  As long as you can prove it was yours and you first wrote it, it’s not like someone can just copy your stuff and pass it off as theirs simply because you didn’t get something from the copyright office(if I’m wrong, someone please let me know).  So does that make the $75 I paid at the time, and the months it took to get, worth it?

I struggle with this moving forward.  Getting a full-blown copyright was a pain in the ass, but it does provide semblance of peace of mind.  However, is that extra step necessary?  I’d love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment