Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Lazy Writing

 My last post talked about lazy editing.  This talks about my laziness in general - I have barely written anything on my new novel recently.

I love to write, but breaking the inertia and actually writing is tougher than non-writers know.  One famous author told me that not writing was something so many authors do well, and I'm certainly subject to that.  I finally forced myself to make time and write two new chapters on my sci-fi/fantasy mashup, and if I could do it consistently, I'd love it since it's starting to get exciting(ie, I'm as eager to find out what happens as you are).

But have I pissed off my beta-readers?  I haven't given them anything in six months.  I'm sure I'll have to at least give them the whole book again for context(I'm sure they've long deleted what they had and forgotten the main points).  I'm going to re-engage and hope they're still with me.  If not, it might be time to find new beta-readers.  :-P 

No comments:

Post a Comment