Thursday, December 2, 2021

Blogging Interfering With Writing?

I enjoy blogging, even if the styles of blogging are different than novel writing.  However, as mentioned in the previous post, sometimes time gets away from me and I have to cram to get in the blog posts necessary to make it through a month.

However, since this creates a multi-day effort to catch up, and it has happened several times, I wonder if blogging is affecting my ability to write.  Admittedly, some of this is laziness – which I haughtily refer to as “breaking the inertia” – because I just haven’t done much at all on my most recent novel.  I finally found time to complete a recent chapter and get halfway through another, but I then promptly out it away and haven’t touched it in a few weeks.  Still, maintaining this blog does take away from writing time, and given the traffic, I wonder how useful maintaining the blog is.  If I let it wither for a month or two(as has happened in the past), would I be able to do more on my novel?  Or would I now have two writing projects that are neglected instead of just one…

No comments:

Post a Comment