Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Procrastinating Blog Topics

As I’ve mentioned before, I try to write my blog posts the month prior, and, for the most part, I’m successful.  I allow room for occasional breaking news, but staying ahead helps keep me out of a perpetual deadline panic.

This month, however, I’ve procrastinated even coming up with the topics for this month’s posts, much less writing anything.  Yes, procrastinated even for me.

I keep a small notepad on my desk at home, and when I get an idea for a post, I jot it down.  I went to this method once I figured out my memory – I’m sure I’ll remember that topic – wasn’t as good as I wished it was.  Most of the time, ideas will just come to me, and writing it down is easy.  Sometimes, though, I have to make a more concerted effort to find topics.  That was the case this month…except that I didn’t make that concerted effort, so I found myself mid-month with exactly one topic written down and no posts complete.  It forced my hand, so I sat down and gave several minutes of deliberate thought to topics, which is something I almost never do.

On the plus side, whining about not having enough topics provided a pretty good topic.  I’ll try to do better over Christmas…

No comments:

Post a Comment