Thursday, August 12, 2021

Email Lists

A question for author friends – do email lists still work?  When you send out something about an upcoming novel, does it payoff in sales, or is it a waste of time and seen as spam?  I once had an email list(I still do…somewhere), but I haven’t used it for my last few novels.  What I’ve found is that my last two have done better than my first three(all of which had the benefit of an email list).  I didn’t not send emails out out of some sense of experiment, but mostly because I was lazy and forgot.  I’m not sure it mattered.  Most on my list were friends and family, and I think the novelty of my being published wore off.

Maybe it’s that the initial F&F list(friends and family) is too worn, but a new list driven by fans could work.  I wonder if that’s the way to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment