Sunday, August 22, 2021

Book Ideas Taking Hold

For all my writer friends, how firmly does an idea for a story grab you?  And how do you decide whether or not to proceed with telling that story?

I’ve had dozens and dozens(or more) ideas for stories.  Some are great, and some suck out loud, but generating ideas is part and parcel of being a writer.  But it’s the great ideas that grab hold and won’t let go.  I’ve been known to obsess over some of the ideas that took hold(like for Salvation Day).  Others have built slowly, but everything that has turned into a novel has planted a stake in me in some way.

So how obsessive do story ideas grab you?  Am I unique, with most of you just churning out ideas that never mean more than a footnote, or do you get as obsessed as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment