Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Nasty Spam

I’ve spoken previously about the negatives associated with engaging nasty comments.  There’s usually no upside.  However, I don’t know that I include spam comments in those rules of engagement.

I despise spam comment.  Do the folks generating these things really think they work?  At all?

I’ve debated whether or not to engage with them.  And by engage, I mean tell them to go the hell away.  Nastily.  I know I appear as sweet as a comb of honey, but I have a mean streak when I get pissed, and I’ve been known to revel in using it.  When I put my mind to it, I can make people feel tiny and stupid.

Of course, that’s not the best trait from a perspective of humanity, and it could draw even more spam comments, despite making me feel (temporarily) better.  Still, the temptation is ever-present.

What do you do regarding spam comments?  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment