Thursday, May 6, 2021

Why Not Everyday?

Some have asked me why I don’t blog every day?  Obviously I put out a decent amount of content, so why not do it every day?  Well, there are three reasons.

First, I’m pretty busy.  In addition to trying to write novels and blog posts, I have a “regular” job since writing ain’t paying the bills.  I’d love it to, but it doesn’t, and I need to put food on the table and a roof over my head, so any writing is done in my limited spare time.

Second, I don’t want to saturate the net with my stuff.  Three days a week is plenty given the limited availability of topics, and folks can bore easily if they get too much.  Back during the Monday NightWrestling Wars, Monday Night Nitro would give just enough to keep folks interested and yearning to come back for more.  However, when they expanded and started wrapping up storylines in the course of the show, to say nothing of how stupid the storylines became, people got tired of it.  It was just too much, and I don’t want people to tire of my writing.

Finally, and not to put too fine a point on it, I don’t get paid to blog.  I’m doing this for free.  Yes, I enjoy it, but not enough to do it full time without adding coins to my bank account.  Maybe petty and shallow, but still true.  😉

No comments:

Post a Comment