Sunday, February 21, 2021

Spam Is Nasty

I don’t get too many comments here(c’mon people – step up!), and I get even fewer emails.  So when that happens, I tend to get excited about it.  I logged into my email yesterday to see that I had a message entitled “RD Meyer’s Website.”  I excitedly opened it, wondering who it was and what they wanted to engage me about.  Imagine my dismay as it was basically a spam advertisement offering to upgrade my site.

I despise spam, to the place where I make a point of never, ever buying something from a spam-bot, even outside of the message.  It’s annoying, and I tend to react to being annoyed like that with spite.

If you want to sell me something, at least give me some foreplay of pretending to interact at first.  Otherwise, all you’re going to get from me is a nasty scowl and a promise to never engage with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment