Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Randomization Versus Consistency

Those who've stayed up with this blog know that when I'm posing on a regular basis, the timing of the posts is pretty consistent - posts go up at 11pm HST the night before they're "out there," and they go up three times a week.  I do that because I believe people like consistency, although, admittedly, that's my personality.  I like to know when to expect things because it lessens disruption and provides me a bit of comfort in a chaotic world.

On the other hand, is that really the way most people approach it?  Lots of folks seem to enjoy randomness.  From business to vacations to nights out, people seem to enjoy the nature of ingrained chaos, so would it be the same for blogging?  Do people want posts to just show up, or do they want a predictable schedule they can rely on?  Anyone have any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment