Sunday, July 31, 2022

Cover Artists Meeting Needs

I have a great cover artist.  Carl at Extended Imagery has been my go-to guy since I started publishing.  His first cover for me knocked it out of the park, and I've been very happy with everything he has done.  That said, I'm wondering if I should find a different route for my newest work.

Granted, my next novel is still likely several years from publication, especially at the pace I'm writing it at, but the tale is much more complex than I've done before, and I think I need a cover that reflects that.  This one involves, dragons, demons., magic, science, and new discoveries versus old legends.  I don't know that that can be covered in the covers I've gotten so far.  I might need an actual artist to draw something out for me.

Of course, that's also pretty expensive, and beyond great covers, one of the best things Carl has done is provide affordable work.  So how do I figure the tradeoff?  Do I give Carl the chance initially, knowing it'll cost me more money overall if I go with him(he still gets paid, whether I use his work or not), or do I venture into virgin territory and find another way to go?

Oh well, at least I've got time to figure this one out...

No comments:

Post a Comment