Thursday, April 1, 2021

Punked?

Did I get punked?  There was a comment last month from an unknown user who implied that he may have been Alan Dean Foster.  Part of me wants to believe that given that I’m a huge Alan Dean Foster fan, and part of me wants to be realistic and say that I’m probably a little too small-time to draw his notice.

I let the fantasy take hold for a day, and then I let it go.  Still, such fantasies can be fun at times, like the Youtube videos of celebrities meeting their celebrity idols(yes, it’s reaching to even pretend to be a celebrity, but allow me that much for my fantasy of the moment  😉 ).

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's me, Russ. I understand your suspicion: the nature of the net. You can always email me directly if you feel the need for further confirmation. As a further confirm, here's something about Uschi you won't learn from Meyer's films. She's a terrific chess player :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting given that I won the NC High School State Championship in chess in 1990. ;-)

      Delete