Thursday, April 29, 2021

Morphing Blog Topics

I think I’ve mentioned before that I have a scrap sheet of paper by my desk with the blog topics I come up with for the month.  Whenever I get an idea, I write it down so I won’t forget it.  However, just how faithful my post remains to the original idea is questionable.

When I write a blog topic down, I usually have a pretty specific idea about how I want to handle it.  However, days, sometimes weeks, often go by before I get a chance to sit down and write on the topic.  At that point, unless I was very specific in my note, I find myself improvising a bit, using the topic idea as a jumping off point, but usually straying a little from what I’d originally envisioned(that I now can’t remember).  It got me wondering just what some of my blog posts would look like if I’d sat down and written them at the moment I thought them up.  Of course, that’s not practical since I have this weird thing called “a life,” and my time isn’t always readily available.  Such a shame, for who knows how much stuff has morphed beyond what was originally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment