Sunday, April 25, 2021

Dedicated Writing Time

I love to write.  Given that I’ve published five novels, that point should be obvious.  However, what I’ve discovered is that just finding time to write is difficult.

As some of you know, I spent 24 years in the Army.  Now you may ask how I found time to write several novels while in the military, and the answer is pretty simple – when you’re not doing combat related stuff on deployment, you have almost nothing else to do with what little free time you have beyond eating and sleeping.  There are no games to go to, no kids’ plays to attend, and no road trips to take.  I could’ve sat around and stared at the ceiling of whatever building I was housed in, or I could take time to write a few words.

Back in the real world, on the other hand, there are lots of distractions.  My appreciation for those who have full time jobs and still manage to write new stuff has grown considerably.  My new pace for publishing is likely to slow considerably, and I wasn’t publishing at a blistering pace to begin with.  So if y’all want to see more of my work on a more regular/faster basis, then help put me in a financial position to do this full time.  😜

No comments:

Post a Comment