Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Desk Cleaning

I think I mentioned last time that I keep my blog subjects on a scrap sheet of paper on my desk.  Since I spend an inordinate amount of time there anyway, especially as the pandemic has made work-from-home a reality, it’s easy when I get an idea to just write it down there so I have it for later.  I used to have the foolish notion that I could remember my blog post subjects until it was time to actually write them, but I’ve since learned that I’m not as able to remember them as I thought.

My desk also occasionally gets messy, requiring me to clean it from time to time.  Unfortunately, the last time I cleaned off my desk, I also accidentally threw away my subject list.  Instead of going through everything, I thought I knew what I was picking up, and I tossed it.  For good measure, I then tossed that garbage in the can outside for the garbageman to pick up.

Fortunately, I hadn’t started blogging yet, so I didn’t lose anything beyond the subject list.  And I remembered several of the topics…but I didn’t remember them all, so I had to figure out new ones.  However, I figured them out, and I reached what I needed to for March.  All in all, just a pain in the ass rather than anything substantive.  Still, I don’t like pains in the ass.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment