Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Short Blogging Month

You’re reading this in March, but that doesn’t mean I wrote it in March.  In order to avoid a perpetual deadline panic, I write the next month’s blog posts a month prior.  I tried writing as they were more current, and I tried writing only once a week(ie, doing three posts on a Sunday night).  All that did was lead to gaps and shitty posts.  I figured I had no choice but to write the month prior if I wanted to maintain the consistency of posting three times a week, no matter how few of you read the blog regularly.  Yes, I leave room for breaking news, but that’s rare enough to not be worth holding up the entire blog for it.

I bring this up to say that February nearly got away from me, and that’s because it’s a short month.  True, only by three days, but I was used to having more time.  You see, I write down blog subjects on a scrap sheet of paper as the ideas come to me, and I write three or four when I get the chance.  Often, that chance comes later in the month than I’d care for – working to break my non-writing inertia is always challenging – but in a short month, that chance is a smaller window than normal.

No, not griping here.  Just wanted to bring up that we all have to plan our time and be aware of its restrictions.  When working with a deadline, that matters.  How do you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment