Thursday, March 18, 2021

Why RD Meyer?

My name is Russ, so a few folks have asked why I’ve gone with RD Meyer instead of Russ Meyer.  Well, let’s just say that I share a name with someone who was once famous, and whose name currently dominates Google search results.  This person was active in the early 70s, a fact my parents swear they were unaware of, despite his heyday and my disbelief.

Want to know who this guy is?  Google Russ Meyer.  DO NOT DO THIS FROM WORK.  Once you’ve found him, you can let me know if you think my pseudonym was a good decision or not.

4 comments:

  1. What?! No Faster, Pussycat! Kill! KILL! Well, that's something of a disappointment, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of an "In the Valley of the Dolls" kind of guy myself.

      Delete
  2. I love unexpected connections. I'm flattered that you re-read The Damned Trilogy. So...one of Russ Meyer's major stars, Uschi Digard, is an old acquaintance of mine. Thought you'd find that amusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very attractive acquaintance.

      Alan...is that you? ;-P

      Delete