Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Three In A Row!

Here we are, March 1st, and we have yet another month’s worth of posts.  Call me butter, ‘cause I’m on a roll!

If it seems like I’m tooting my own horn, it’s because I am.  I know lots of people have done more – built the Eiffel Tower, fed the multitudes, saved children from dying ofdiabetes – and even that lots of writers have done more, but I’m just happy that I’ve maintained this for three straight months(I promise, there will be a month’s worth of posts behind this).  Remember, I went silent for a looooooong time, overwhelmed by work and family and life in general.

So, what has changed?  Honestly, creating time.  I’ve intentionally carved out time at the beginning of each month to prep the following month’s posts.  Part of the problem earlier was that I waited until around the 20th or so to get started on the next month, and if a day or two slipped by, I ran into the deadline with next to nothing, so it became easy to just do nothing rather than show my laziness in a slipshod post or two.  Now, however, I focus on the first three or four days of the month and don’t write on any other project during that time(that part of the problem also helped paralyze me when I couldn’t decide which I should be working on more…time division solves that).

This month will include such wonderful missives as an update on my sci-fi/fantasy novel, reviews of my previously horrible books that will never see publication, controversial publishing contracts, and just how apolitical writers should remain.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment