Thursday, November 26, 2020

Time, Blogging, And Writing

I try to get this blog done about a month in advance.  I do that in order to not bump up against a hard date deadline and find myself either posting garbage, or not posting at all.  I’ve run into that a few times, and I always feel guilty about it(despite y’all not paying me anything for this blog).

Unfortunately, staying that far ahead also takes time away from my writing(or at least my novel writing).  As I get time, I find myself checking first to see if the blog is ready.  If it’s not, it creates a dilemma where I think the work(blog) should take precedence over fun(novel writing).

I think the only solution is to finish all of my monthly blog posts, while allowing exceptions based on current events or unusual circumstances, within the first week of the month.  That should free me up to write for the rest of the month…and I need to stick to that.  You see, I’m a sucker for getting ahead, and my temptation is to sometimes get even further ahead(it gives me a rush – I know…I’ve got issues).  I’ve got to make the disciplined decision to just “be done” with the blog and make a conscious effort to write no more posts unless one of those unusual circumstances comes up.  That way, I can enjoy writing(not that I don’t enjoy the blogging, but let’s be real – novel writing is much more fun).  Since this is the last post I’ll write in October for the month of November, even if I don’t know the exact date of the post, I’ll try to do little but write on my new novel until November 1st rears its ugly head.

No comments:

Post a Comment