Sunday, November 29, 2020

Re-engaging An Editor

Schism’s biggest failure is the lack of proper editing.  I had an editor for SalvationDay and Wrongful Death, but I skimped on that for Schism.  I know, I know…I’m a terrible author, I should be flogged, I didn’t give readers the best product…blah, blah, blah.  At least one reviewer even downgraded his review of my work from five stars to four as a result of a few editing mistakes that made it into the final version(which I’ll correct one day when I get the time).

However, I won’t make that mistake with Homecoming.  I have recently engaged an editor(more of a proofreader to make sure I can write the language correctly), and that should cut down on any speed bumps in reading.  It will cost me some money, but it’ll be worth it if folks can more smoothly read my work.  I should’ve done it with Schism, but money was an issue.  Thanks to those of you who’ve bought my previous work, I think I have that accounted for(for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment