Sunday, September 6, 2020

Books Or Blogs

I feel torn right now.  I know I need to keep up my blog so that the five folks who follow it will stay engaged, but it takes time to write the requisite number of posts to stay afloat there times a week.  However, I also have a new book that has been eating at me, and I really want to get to work on that(I’ve written 1000 words(twice), but I want to get through the first chapter).

I know the answer is to knuckle down and finish my blog posts in three or four days, which would free up the rest of the month to write on the new book(when I can motivate myself to do so), but the new job(relatively new…since last November) limits my ability to do that if I want to spend any time with my family.  Is there a way to get that done without feeling tied to this site?  It’s not like the posts are hard – they’re mainly streams of consciousness and not plotted out(aside from figuring out the topic) the way my novels are.

Books or blogs – how to I prioritize?  Do I prioritize?  If I could just write full time instead of needing a bill-paying job, there’d be no issue.  But alas, that’s not yet reality.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment