Sunday, February 19, 2023

Beyond Blogging

I've written before about the slog of blogging and how to mesh that with writing my novels.  In fact, I've done that so much that I'm sure y'all are tired of it and rolling your eyes right about now, but don't worry - this isn't about that.  I mean, it's about lack of time to do other stuff, but not about blogging.😁

What I need to find time for is promotion.  Sure, my novels are doing okay.  I get a few sales each month, or at least enough that the IRS wants to hear about them at year's end, but they're nowhere near enough yet for me to do this full time(the dream of every writer).  The issue is that I'm not very well known.  Sure, I need to have talent - although talentless writers have made tons of money from writing - but finding a large enough audience is the bane of every writer.

So what I need to do is find time and money for promotion, and both are in limited supply.  Time because in addition to writing, I have a full-time job and a family; money because I'm a stingy bastard who dislikes spending what little I have.  Unfortunately, both are required until there's a self-sustaining momentum, and figuring out the path from here to there is tough.

What else is required?  Anyone have thoughts?  Or am I just sending these messages off into the ether?

No comments:

Post a Comment