Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Any Movie Better?

In watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets recently, I noticed just how much they left out of the movie from the book, such as the de-gnoming scene.  Yes, this always happens, and the trope is that the books are usually better than the movies, but it got me thinking - has any movie ever been better than the book?  I'm sure they're out there, but what are they?

I've heard about a few, but it's hard for me to comment because either I haven't read the book, or I haven't watched the movie, or both.  Claims about Blade Runner have been made, but I didn't see it(I know, I know...penance later).  Some have said Fight Club, but I didn't know it was a book(although I've seen the movie).  The Devil Wears Prada comes up on a few lists, but as I'm not a woman, I haven't seen it, and I didn't know it was a book either.

What do you think?  There have been lots of movies I've loved based on books, but I'm struggling to think of one better than the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment