Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Page Links

As you can tell, on the right side of my page are a bunch of links to other pages.  So how did I decide to link to these pages?  And are they permanently attached?

When this blog started, I went through numerous other sites looking for who was well followed and who wrote good content(in my opinion).  I also wanted to see who posted regularly since updated content is critical.  I initially came up with over a dozen sites that I listed.

I have since added a couple of sites and gotten rid of a few.  One I got rid of became exclusionary and decided folks not agreeing with him meant they were nasty people who needed to drop off the Earth.  Although I never personally engaged with him in that way, I saw what happened to people who did, and I wasn’t interested in that kind of toxicity.  Another couple of sites just up and vanished, so removing those links was easy.

I also found myself referred to other sites that were in line with my style, and I added them.  They had good discussions of both writing and marketing, so I thought they’d be good additions.

The biggest challenge, and one I should soon correct, is how to deal with sites that, at best, post new material infrequently.  There are several near the bottom of my list that haven’t posted stuff in months, if not years.  The sites don’t seem active any longer, so are they still of any value?  I seem to be holding onto them out of laziness and comfort, neither of which is a good reason to have them hang around.  So pay attention – the blogroll will get updated sometime soon.

1 comment: