Sunday, April 8, 2018

Trying To Restart

I know I've been a slacker.  I'm trying to get back into blogging, especially since I've been one of the ones so vehemently chastising folks for not consistently blogging. 

It really is like going to the gym - the more you take a day off, the easier it becomes to take the next day off.  And it hasn't just been my blogging that has suffered; I haven't been writing like I want to.  Some of that is work/life related, but not enough to account for all of the non-work.  So, what have I done to rectify this?  For starters, I'm working on a short story to enter in the Writer's Digest Annual Writing Competition.  It's based on an idea I've been tossing around for a while, so I'm actually into it.

I also need to try and start work on either the Salvation Day sequel or the reworking of my sequel to Akeldama.  I've got the ideas for the next installment of both, so just getting something on paper could spur me back into a rhythm.  Akeldama's sequel is done, but it's in serious need of revision, and I haven't done anything with it in a year.  Salvation Day's sequel has been floating around in my head for nearly that long as well.  I've got to pick one and knuckle down.

Part of this could be that I've got a few more books already done.  Wrongful Death is in the final stages of being edited now, and it should be out around the end of June.  I never counted on having finished books as being an impediment to more writing, but I think that not having the pressure of getting something done has lulled me into some false sense of security.

I just have to find the time to do a little bit each day.  It doesn't have to be much, but it needs to be something, even if that something is only 500 words and 15-20 minutes.  But hey, isn't time the bugaboo we all face?

No comments:

Post a Comment