Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Bold Or Mousy?

On the heels of my previous post, it got me wondering about engagement with others - should it be bold and aggressive, or mousy and passive?  I know some authors like to be a little confrontational, as they feel that the controversy gets their name out there and helps them sell books.  Others are almost hermit-like in their approach to the reader and don't ever seem to respond(assuming they have anything to respond to).

I suppose that it really depends on the author and what he or she wants to achieve.  Some are naturally confrontational, while others are Machiavellian enough to try to use it for publicity.  I don't know that I fit either one.  I'll engage when engaged sometimes, but the engagement often depends on how I'm engaged.  I love to have discussions about my work, but I tend to leave the assholes alone since I see little benefit, even from publicity  Does that make me mousy(something my friends in real life would dispute in spades)?

Maybe it's something to think about a little more.  Of course, for real impact, I need people to engage with...  😋

No comments:

Post a Comment