Thursday, January 19, 2023

Planning Out The Blog

As y'all certainly know, I got waaaaaayyyyyyy behind on blogging when life got in the way, and I got mired into other internet things.  I'dget towards the end of the month and figure out that I hadn't done a damn thing.  So I'm revamping the way I post.

I've decided I need to do all of my blog posts for the next month early in the previous month.  I'll take two or three days to write the posts on the topics I've been thinking about, and then schedule them.  This will not preclude me from bumping things and writing on breaking news if necessary(such as when Richard Matheson passed away), but it should keep me ahead and not in a last-minute deadline panic.  Also, hopefully, by doing the blogs up front, I can spend the rest of the month actually writing on my novel.

Although I wish I could do all the month's posts in a single day, that's not practical for two reasons:
1.  I still have work and a life, and so can't devote the time required for an entire day to just blog.
2.  I get burnout like any other writer.  If I'm in front of my screen for too long, words start to blur together and posts get less substantive.  Five or six in a day is all I can manage, and even that is pushing it.  I shoot for four, which means I can usually do a whole month's posts in three to four days.

The biggest thing I need to do in the first few days of the month is stay away from YouTube.  Otherwise I get dragged into videos of how the future of the universe will unfold or the 15 funniest commercials of all time...

No comments:

Post a Comment