Sunday, August 16, 2020

Akeldama As Pulp Fiction


Got an honest, in person review from a friend recently.  Regarding Akeldama, he said something along the lines of, “Solid B+.  A good pace, but not real deep.”

I took it with mixed feelings.  I wanted at least some thought to be created when looking at the relationship of Judas, God, and Satan.  Plus, hopefully the twist of how the protagonist came along would get some juices flowing.  But I also wrote an action story that requires a fast pace to keep readers interested.  So maybe it is more pulp fiction than I originally thought.

Is that necessarily bad?  I don’t think so.  Novels represent escapes for us.  They let us become engrossed in a world beyond ours, so that maybe we can set aside our worries for just a bit.  If Akeldama, or any of my novels, accomplished that, I’ll say that’s success.

No comments:

Post a Comment