Sunday, April 5, 2020

Fits and Starts


Okay, folks, let’s try this again!

Admittedly, the panic sweeping the nation makes getting back to blogging much easier since nothing is open and there’s not much else to do.  Even my work is doing things differently, with me now working from home.

For those wondering, I’ve had a new job over the last few months, as well moving from Kansas to Tennessee, and all of that has severely limited my time.  From making sure I can still eat(ie, not getting fired) to getting my girls into a new school to just trying to unpack the house, it has been extremely challenging.  That doesn’t mean I’ve gotten nothing done from a writing standpoint, however.

For starters, I’ve all but finished Schism.  If you recall, I needed to re-write Act IV and split it into two acts in order to tell the story properly.  I had to go back and reacquaint myself with the book since it had been so long since I did anything with it.  I’d forgotten various plot threads and even characters that needed to be looped back in.  So I got to work, haltingly, stubbornly, until I got Acts IV and V ready to go.  I have a few minor changes to finish up, mostly happy to glad stuff, but it’ll be ready to go before too much longer, and it’ll undoubtedly be ready for publishing on my original publishing date of late April.  However, I’m considering delaying that until summer – more on that in another post.

For now, I’m muddling through best I can.  Over the last few months I’ve seen writer friends of mine go, some by abandoning their work, and some by abandoning our relationship, but I’ve made other friends as the journey evolves.  If I can pull this off by summer, I promise that my next book won’t take nearly so long to publish.  After that…well…we’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment