Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Cycle Starts Anew...

Wrongful Death came out a week ago today.  However, that doesn't mean it's time to sit on my ass and wait for the big bucks, movie offers, and talk-show invitations to begin to roll in.  Instead, it means it's time to get geared up for my next release.

Homecoming is a bit of a departure from my first three releases.  My first few novels have all dealt heavily with death and the afterlife in some manner, but Homecoming is a science-fiction novel set in the distant future.  Some might wonder why I'm going so far afield, but sci-fi has always been my first love.  In fact, the first novel I ever wrote through to the end was a sci-fi novel(and you'll never see it - looking back, I'm embarrassed at how bad it turned out, despite my thinking that it was absolutely awesome when I first finished it over 18 years ago).  I've been looking for a way to get back into sci-fi, and Homecoming is it.

Set more than 6,000 years from now, it follows the story of humanity's return to Earth after being driven off by a genocidal race that seeks out and destroys technology different from its own.  The journey starts out as an idealistic crusade but turns into a check on everything the survivors thought they knew since their ancestors apparently weren't as innocent as they'd been led to believe.

Written in journal format, it's told from the point of view of a historian traveling with the re-conquest fleet.  The marauders that took Earth are the most obvious challenge, but are they the biggest?  Some humans left behind managed to survive, as did others who escaped and didn't follow their friends to the same world.  There's also another alien race that stands in the way - they were once feared but time has finally given us an edge.  Will we use that edge in arrogance or in the search for justice?


I recognize that science-fiction is usually either terrific or god-awful.  I still have to go back through this book to make sure it meets my vision, but it's time to start putting it all together.  Homecoming is set for release on March 28, 2019.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to it! Sci-Fi is my favorite genre too.

    ReplyDelete