Sunday, August 19, 2018

Obligation To Blog?

As folks know - or at least both folks who routinely read this blog - I post twice a week.  I once did three times a week, and if I ever become successful enough at this writing gig to do it full time, I'll get back to that.  However, life gets in the way if I want to do funny stuff like "eat" and "spend time with my family."  The posting contracted to once a week a while back, but I think I can maintain twice a week for now.

But that still got me wondering how much of an obligation I have to post.  I've had to go on several extended blogging vacations due to life circumstances, and I wonder if anyone noticed.  After all, no one is paying me, and I didn't get loads of hate-mail for my absence, so would I really be missed?

Blogging is more of a way to keep the audience up to date with what's going on, as well as provide some content between books.  Folks like to feel like they're engaged, and blogging does that for me and both of my fans.  I like to do it when I get time(and get in a groove), but breaking that inertia can be challenging.

I'd love to know what everyone else thinks - what are your thoughts on the obligations of blogging?  How consistent/often should it be, and does it draw in people?  Or is it just a waste of time that should be limited to big news(like a book release)?

No comments:

Post a Comment