Sunday, September 4, 2022

Blogging Over Writing

My goal with this blog is to stay ahead by several weeks.  Unfortunately, since my most recent hiatus, I have not been able to manage that.  In fact, I've been lucky to stay ahead by a few days.  Life gets in the way, I get distracted, and the blog goes unattended.

The side effect of that is that my writing also goes unattended.  When I do get a chance to sit down and write, I find myself on this blog rather than on my newest novel.  Such a situation has led me to several questions:
                    - should I reverse that and ignore the blog in favor of writing my novel?
                    - am I using the blog as an excuse to not write like I should?
                    - is the blog really reaching anyone?

This is something I need to spend some time pondering.  Or I could just sit down and focus on a month's worth of blog posts so that free time can go towards writing.

Pfft...free time?  What a concept...

No comments:

Post a Comment