Thursday, August 11, 2022

Two To One

Okay, let’s settle an old dispute – two spaces or one after each sentence?  I grew up with two spaces.  Granted, as part fossil, I grew up using a typewriter(at least it was electric), so two spaces was the norm.  However, with these new-fangled computers nowadays, I keep seeing that only one space is supposed to happen after a sentence or a colon.

 

To be honest, it doesn’t necessarily affect me – this came about because my wife is going back to school, and there are formatting parameters for her work.  However, it got me thinking about formatting use for books.  Is it noticeable and awkward to now use two spaces instead of one?  It’s a habit now and will require significant effort to undo my tendency, so is it worth the effort?  Is it even a real thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment