Sunday, May 3, 2020

Star Warts


I see that The Rise Of Skywalker is now out on DVD and PPV.  It took barely three months for that to happen.  I wonder if that could have anything to do with the horrendous way Disney treated Star Wars fans with The Last Jedi?

I have my own thoughts on The Last Jedi?  In fact, those thoughts morphed into one of my more popular posts.  So I wonder if I should try to see The Rise Of Skywalker.  Sure, it might close out the saga, but I can honestly say I’ve never felt less enthusiastic about a science fiction movie.  It’s really bizarre, but Star Wars IX just doesn’t appeal to me.

Maybe it’s that Star Wars was such a big part of my youth, and the new movies have absolutely ruined it.  And by ruined, I mean ruined to the point where I won’t even count them in the lore.  Others can watch terribly shallow and cardboard characters spout on like a bunch of woke-scolds and upend storylines we’ve been watching for decades, but I’m not sure I should be among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment