Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Ebook Business Decisions


I love print books.  The visceral feel of a book in print is one of the greatest sensations out there.  To be honest, that’s one of the reasons I do both print and ebooks.  I know ebooks are waaaaayyyyyy cheaper to produce, but I also like to hold my own book in my hands.  Ask any author out there, and they’ll tell you about the joy that comes from holding a representation of their work in their hands.

That said, independent publishing isn’t without its expenses, and I haven’t sold enough to just throw caution to the wind.  I’m wondering whether I should go to ebooks exclusively until my business grows beyond what it is now(if ever).  Is this a business, or is it a vanity project?

It’s a hard decision to make.  Take emotion out of it, and it’d be easy, but we writers aren’t completely emotionless, or else we wouldn’t have what it takes to write well.  I do love having a physical book of my own, but I don’t have the money to just do whatever I want.  I gotta make this decision soon, but I haven’t made it yet,  Maybe we’ll find out how much fortitude I really have…

No comments:

Post a Comment