Thursday, August 22, 2019

Trolling For Ideas

I like to keep this blog updated as often as I can so that people will rely on there being fresh content to read.  That said, it can be challenging always coming up with new topics.  Yes, sometimes there is something I really want to talk about, but often times I'll find myself staring at the computer wondering what to talk about.  You know...right before I start to daydream about being a swashbuckling space pirate.

I like to pretend I have a great memory, and I do for stuff that happened more than two decades ago, but I can't usually remember that great blogging idea I had in the car yesterday.  Therefore, I'll usually jot ideas down as soon as I have them in the notes section of my phone.  That doesn't mean it's always full; I've had many times where I am staring at the screen feeling like a fraud.

Other blogs can give great ideas, as can other books and movies.  No, not to flat out steal, but reading other writers often provides inspiration on other stuff.  I'll let those ideas play out in my head.  Sometimes they yield an observation worth blogging about, and sometimes they don't.  When I hit a time deadline, I can't be as picky as I otherwise would, but I do try to sift through the ideas for something unique.

Where do your blogging ideas come from?  For that matter, where do your books ideas come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment