Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Does Blogging Consistently Help?

Looking at my last post, I started to wonder just how much blogging does for a writers.  For example, look at the right side of my page.  Some of the folks on there post several times a day, some post several times a week...and some barely post at all.  There are those who post once or twice a month, and still others who may do it once or twice over the course of several months.  So what's the point?

I think the most generally accepted reasoning is that blogging draws people to our site, and, hopefully, to our books.  But does it?  To me, the biggest reason is to try and reach some sort of "critical mass" that will become self-sustaining.  It certainly isn't to boost our writing skills, as what I post is all too often just a stream of consciousness.  I rarely write new stories on here; not because I don't want to, but because I take pride in the craft and this format, as well as the time requirements involved in putting out fresh material so often, don't align themselves with being like that.

I'd be curious what any of you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment