Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Imagining The Readers

One of the things that has gotten me back into blogging has been wondering if anyone is reading my stuff.  Let's be honest - part of the reason so many of us become writers is because we want people to know what's inside our heads.  There's a self-aggrandizing joy that comes from wondering if people you know are looking at your work, or, on the truly fantastical side, if anyone famous is.

Yes, it's egotistical to imagine people reading you, following your every word.  However, isn't that ego a contribution to writing well?  I mean, does anyone start to write and say, "I really hope someone reads this and they think it sucks"?  We're looking for validation to some extent, and even though this blog isn't a plotted story, there's still something that brings out the beast wanting to know that people enjoyed it.

Of course, once I get back to writing my novel(which I should've done by the time you read this), maybe I can feed that beast a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment