Sunday, February 7, 2021

It's Not Over Till It's Posted

I think I’ve mentioned previously that I try to write all of my posts about a month in advance so I don’t run up against the month and end up posting shit just to get stuff out.  Of course I allow exceptions in case breaking news comes up, but writing the posts a month out takes stress off of my shoulders.

However, that means little if the posts I write don’t get scheduled.  I ran into that bit of drama last month when I had all of my posts done before the end of the first week.  I exhaled, sat back…and did nothing during the rest of December.  Then, lo and behold, I came up to the last week(in between Christmas and New Year’s), only to remember I hadn’t actually scheduled the posts to show up on my site.

Scheduling posts takes me about half an hour to get the month’s posts finished.  I do a final proofread, pick the date and time(am I grouping by like topic, etc), and I add any hyperlinks that may enhance the post, so it’s not a fire and forget type of job.  And while not long to do, it does require setting aside time for the effort, and if I forget, then the posts don’t go up on schedule.

The lesson here?  Posting isn’t done until it’s scheduled/posted.  It doesn’t matter if I’m ahead if I don’t make it so the audience can see them.  Gotta remember that.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment