Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Pass It On

I've been getting a lot of compliments recently.  A few readers have emailed me and told me that they really liked my writing and can't wait to see what's coming next.  This is great to hear, but it's not what I want to hear.  What I'd really like to hear is, "Russ, your work is great and I just got one(or two or three or four...) of my friends to buy/read your book too."

I keep having to remind folks that I'm not Stephen King or JK Rowling.  I don't have an audience cache that I can rely on to sustain me.  As shameless as this sounds, I need for readers who like my stuff to recommend me to a friend or ten(those of you who hate my stuff can please remain silent).

That's what we who want to eventually do nothing but this writing thing need - more widespread readership.  I need folks to give my or to others, preferably with the missive, "You will love this book."  As much as I adore my few fans, I'd kind of like to have more friends, so I'd appreciate it if you could pass my work on.

Now enough with the shameless pandering - we will soon return to our regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment