Sunday, September 4, 2016

Shrinkage

This blog has gotten roughly 71,000 hits in the nearly five years of its existence.  Yes, the number of hits has ebbed and flowed with the effort I’ve put into promoting it, but I’m exceedingly grateful to those of you who’ve taken a minute or two from your schedule to read it.

That said, I’m seriously considering reducing the number of posts by one or two a week.  This is for two reasons.  First, as my last post indicated, it can be stressful when I get to a month and haven’t posted anything yet.  Second, I wonder whether I’m growing redundant.  Yes, some topics need to be reviewed, but there are only so many ways to talk about why adverbs are bad, or why it’s so important to evoke an emotional response in readers.

I anticipate things will pick up as I approach the launch date for Akeldama next May, but I wonder at the worth of keeping this site updated three times a week.  I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who reads this blog on anything resembling a regular basis – what are your thoughts on the potential for reducing the number of weekly posts, and what do you think would be the correct amount?  Don’t worry about this going into effect immediately, but since it could happen as early as October(if implemented), I really want to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment