Sunday, July 29, 2018

A Small Setback

So Wrongful Death has suffered a minor setback.  The back cover has a grammatical mistake.  This isn't some misplaced comma, but rather an extra word that will trip up anyone who reads it.  It would be foolish to release a book with such a glaring error in such a visible spot, so I'm going to have to get that fixed before I release it.  Hopefully it will only delay publication by a couple of days.

The frustrating part is that I thought I went over the blurb so thoroughly that I eliminated all of that nonsense.  Just goes to show that no matter how many times we think we've checked something, things still slip through.  Thankfully I caught this one prior to putting it out to the audience(unlike Akeldama, which I had to issue a second edition for due to a dozen minor mistakes, all of them in the text of the novel).

The lesson here is to get an editor to look at all aspects of your book, not just the story on the inside.  I wonder how many more lessons I'll get to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment