Sunday, January 29, 2017

Off And Running

Not much to talk about today other than the fact that I'm off and running.  I've contacted a print designer, two cover artists, and have an account now with CreateSpace(my application to Lightning Source is being reviewed).  I also have a business account and line of credit for Rushamra Publishing LLC.

So what does all this mean?  It means I'm jumping headlong into a very intimidating process.  I've written nine novels, four of which are ready to go, and another that should require only mild editing(the other four will need some work before they're ready).  I also have a degree in business, both in undergraduate and graduate level work.  Therefore, I'm all ready...right?

On the surface, sure, I'm ready.  I've been putting this together for a long time.  Under the surface, it's pretty intimidating.  I've never leapt this far off the pier before, and my launch is something I want to go right, even though I know there will be bumps along the way.  The best way to describe it is the Gene Hackman line from The Replacements - "Like a duck on a pond.  On the surface everything looks calm, but beneath the water those little feet are churning a mile a minute."

As soon as I have a cover to reveal, I'll post it(the only folks who'll see it sooner are those on my distro list).  All in all, very exciting and very nerve-wracking.  Full speed ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment