Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blog Hop Tour

Christine Rice recently tagged me in a blog post of hers where she answered ten questions about her next work, and then she passed the game along.  I don't usually participate in chain letter like posts, but I wanted an idea on what to blog about, and this seemed like a good one, so here goes.  The rules are to answer 10 questions about my work-in-progress. I have one work-in-progress, and I haven't yet discussed it, so this is a "first look" at a novel where I hope the first draft will be complete by Thanksgiving.

1. What is the working title of your book?
Canidae, although I've toyed around with Bestia and Pactum Dioboles.

2. Where did the idea come from?
This one's a spin off from Akeldama, and it seemed like the next logical progression.  A lot of novels concerning vampires talk about fighting them, but few deal with the aftermath of a world following a vampire war.  I wanted to explore what would happen when the fighting stopped.

3. What genre does your work-in-progress fall under?
Same as Akeldama - Horror/Thriller.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Unfortunately, the main guy I have pictured for the main character has been dead quite a while - River Phoenix.  The others, James Franco and Uma Thurman, might be a bit out of my price range for the moment.

5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?
As the Catholic Church tries to pick up the pieces from the Vampire War, an ancient evil returns to try and reclaim its place at the top of the food chain.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I expect to indie publish all of my works, unless something comes along that I simply can't pass up.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It's still in progress, but I expect it will be done in about a month.  Once it's complete, it will have taken me just over five months.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within its genre?
Jim Butcher's chronicling of Harry Dresden in The Dresden Files.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I inspired me!  As a writer, I come up with crazy ideas, and some of them make it into book form.  This is one of those.  :-P

10. What else about your book might pique reader’s interest?
This is not a "traditional" horror story.  It combines elements of crime drama(whodunit) with action thrillers that move quickly and get the reader turning pages, all in a horror setting.

Thanks to Christine Rice for the blog post idea.  As to passing it along, the two I'd be most interested to see post their own answers would be Kevin Hanrahan and Dan Smith.  Let's see if they'll play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment