Sunday, June 19, 2016

America!

For the past year, my day job has taken me out of the country.  I’m happy to report now that I’m back!

I’ve left the United States many different times, traveled to countries on five continents, and I’m always gratified to return to America.  Some may see what I’m saying as a violation of my “no political posts” axiom, but I’m not telling you which way to vote – I’m simply expressing how glad I am to be back in a country so rich in bounty.

Most Americans never leave the US mainland, and those that do rarely leave it for an extended period of time outside of tourist spots.  I’ve done that a few times.  I know it’s fashionable to run down the United States these days, but trust me when I say I’ve never found any place better.  From the rich resources to the kindness of the people to the level of freedom, it’s staggering to behold when you know what the rest of the world is like.  The majority of my countrymen have no idea what life is like outside their bubble, which maybe is what makes it so easy to not appreciate it.

I will never be one of those people.  Call this a trip into the controversial if you like(I’d have never thought saying you thought America was the greatest country on Earth was controversial, but we live in strange times), but I'm always grateful to return to my homeland.  I will be enjoying the next little bit as I recharge from the past year.  God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment