Sunday, December 13, 2015

Giddy Over Comments

I love interacting with readers of my blog.  It lets me get into the mind of those who've taken time out of their day to read what I have to say, and it makes me feel good that maybe I've had an impact.  Honestly, I don't get many comments, but when I do, I find myself smiling from ear to ear.

I make an effort to respond to every comment I get, a policy that will continue for the foreseeable future.  Now I admit that I don't always respond in a timely manner.  Due to the nature of my job, I don't get to check this blog or my gmail account as often as I would like.  I've opened up my gmail after a two week absence to find several comments I never got to, and I feel awful when that happens.  Still, when it does, I jump back on and try to give an individualized response to each and every person.  After all, you took the time to comment, so why shouldn't I?

Am I perfect in this regard?  Unfortunately no.  There are a handful of comments that I never got to, either because I was unable to log on at that moment and forgot, or I was lazy.  It doesn't happen often, but being human, it does happen.  If this has affected you, please know that I wasn't intentionally blowing you off.  Life simply got in the way.

If you can spare an extra minute or two for a post you liked, or even one you hated, comment on it.  I want to know what you think.  Was what I wrote cheesy and over the top?  Did it inspire some new technique for you to try?  Did I offend you in some way?  Whatever the topic, I want to hear from you.  Either way, you will have made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment